[Olaf Weber] Re: Wishlist for kpathsea: Remove trailing slash from $HOME

(copy sent to me and to nnn-forwarded, didn't reach the list therefore)

--- Begin Message ---
Frank Küster writes:

[tale of woe deleted]

> Anyway, it might be an idea to remove any trailing slashes from
> directory variables inherited from the environment, like HOME.  It won't
> hurt anywhere, and make it a bit more, well, "fool"proof.

> What do you think?

In the current sources this seems to be partially done, in that tilde
expansion will handle this in almost all cases.  Other environment
variables are not so protected.  A complication is that variables like
TEXINPUTS could legitimately be set to end with //.

--
Olaf Weber

--- End Message ---