Re: Etch frozen! / Change to the default priority for configuration snippets

Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:

> Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm not even sure this "bug" still exists.  I have a faint recollection
>> that it has been fixed in etch.
>
> I does exist in unstable. I tested that a few minutes ago: do a simple
> rebuild of lmodern with tex-common 0.42 and install the new package
> (supposing lmodern 1.00-3 from unstable was already installed). You'll
> get both 10lmodern.cfg and 20lmodern.cfg in /etc/texmf/updmap.d.
>
> Both files will be recognized by 'dpkg -S' as belonging to lmodern,
> despite the fact that 10lmodern.cfg is *not* part of the latest lmodern
> .deb file you installed, nor is it listed as a conffile in the control
> section of that .deb. Weird situation.

Oh, not listed as a conffile?  That means it won't even be removed upon
purge?  In this case, the maintainer scripts need to remove it, anyway,
and one can as well do that upon upgrade.

I only read two of the dpkg bug reports about this, and it seems this
aspect of the problem is not treated there.