Re: SVN tex-common commit: r2052 - in tex-common/trunk: debian scripts

> Where do you change the macro package?

It's enough to use the -mdoc syntax in the man page (starting with '.Dd'
instead of '.TH') because man is able to auto-detect the -man and -mdoc
macro packages. Otherwise, when using groff to format the man page, you
can specify the macro package in use, as in:

  groff -Tdvi -mdoc ./file.1 >file.dvi

> And where do I find documentation for the macro package?

In groff_mdoc(7).

The main downside of -mdoc I'm aware of is that man pages written with
this package are usually slower to process that those written with -man.

--
Florent