Re: freeze and texlive-bin package

Hi Norbert!

From: Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>

> What do we do with texlive-bin and the etch freeze? The -6 in unstable
> carries some quite useful stuff ...
>   * Apply patch from upstream to pdftex that allows it to work properly
>     with CJK fonts with their large number of subfonts.  Many thanks to
>     Thanh Han The <hanthethanh@gmail.com>, Jie Luo
>     <luojie@nlsde.buaa.edu.cn> for the patch and many others for
>     debugging, in particular Danai SAE-HAN (é<9F><93>é<81><94>è<80><90>)
>     <danai.sae-han@edpnet.be> who reminded me.
>
>     This allows CJK-related packages to depend on texlive and
>     closes: #399967.

Indeed, I believe that this patch should really be included, since it
solves a serious FTBFS for the Debian documentation in Chinese and
Japanese, IMHO very important packages indeed.

A second and equally important reason is that we can indeed make the
switch from teTeX to TeXlive, since the patch has already been
included in the first but not in the latter.

If the release managers would be so kind to take this into account?

Thanks

Danai SAE-HAN
韓達耐

--