Re: [Piotr Roszatycki] Re: latex-xft-fonts: Please use more sensible Menu-names

On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 16:53 +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
> Dnia sobota, 9 grudnia 2006 15:30, Frank Küster napisał:
> > Piotr Roszatycki <Piotr_Roszatycki@netia.net.pl> wrote:
> > > tags 288842 wontfix
> > > thanks
> > >
> > > I'm afraid it is not possible to solve this bug. This names (i.e. cmmi10)
> > > are internal names hardcoded in font files.
> >
> > But these font files can be changed.  E.g., fire up FontForge and open
> > one of the ttf files.  In the Menu "Elements/Font properties" (sorry,
> > this is back-translated, since my Fontforge speaks german) you can
> > change the human-readable name.

Just a caveat: Besides LyX mentioned by Piotr I think these fonts are
also used by Mozilla/Firefox/... for displaying MathML content. Most
likely these programs use these non-obvious font names to access these
fonts. Hence one probably has to be careful when changing the names.
Maybe one has to introduce appropriate aliases in fontconfig or
something like that.

cheerio
ralf