Re: Registering documentation

Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@physik.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:
>
>>> So I'm wondering whether directly registering to dwww, dhelp and
>>> whatever is better?
>>
>> It is quite likely that it would be better to register with dwww and/or
>> dhelp. Since I don't use either of these systems, I have no idea which
>> one one should use.
>
> Installing a .doc-base file is enough for dhelp.
> (Dunno for dwww)

Yes, it works with both.  I've prepared new packages for tex-common
(registers TeX-on-Debian and the policy document), tetex-base (registers
index.html, the tetex FAQ and TETEXDOC) and tetex-bin (does no longer
install and register it's README.Debian.*, which is now included in
TeX-on-Debian).  Additionally, I have created new README.Debian files
for tetex-doc:

Entry points for teTeX documentation:

- General Debian TeX documentation:

    /usr/share/doc/tex-common/TeX-on-Debian.*

- Commandline:

    texdoc packagename
    texdoc -s pattern

- Local Web server:

    http://localhost/doc/tetex-doc/index.html
    http://localhost/doc/tetex-doc/helpindex.html
    http://localhost/doc/tetex-doc/texdoc.php

- Files:

    /usr/share/doc/tetex-doc/tetex/TETEXDOC.*
    /usr/share/doc/tetex-doc/tetex/teTeX-FAQ.gz

 -- Frank Küster <frank@debian.org>, Wed,  6 Dec 2006 12:22:40 +0100

and tetex-bin:

Debian-specific information for TeX is in
/usr/share/doc/tex-common/TeX-on-Debian.txt.gz and the corresponding
PDF and html documents.

Entry points for teTeX documentation are documented in
/usr/share/doc/tetex-doc/README.Debian.

 -- Frank Küster <frank@debian.org>, Wed,  6 Dec 2006 14:28:29 +0100

Looking at the current state of the list, I don't hope to get much
feedback on that while I still have time to do the work, and anyway
we're near to the freeze (hope we're not going to say this the next 6
months...).  So I'm going to upload this now, we can always fix things
again later.