Re: [Paul Seelig] O: ethiop

> From: Paul Seelig <pseelig@debian.org>
> Subject: O: ethiop
> To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
> Cc: Frank Küster <frank@debian.org>
> Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:38:21 +0100
>
> Package: wnpp
> Severity: normal
>
> Unfortunately, i have no use anymore for this package and therefore won't
> keep maintaining it. A new maintainer is needed, preferably with an
> Ethiopian language background, if at all possible.
>
> Maybe it would even be better to completely remove the package from the
> Debian archive. It is already included in the upstream source tar ball for
> texlive which is also part of the Debian archive.

It's not only included in the tarball, it's also installed (binary
package texlive-lang-african).  texlive also has additional Type1 fonts
(see also #390195).

The TeXlive maintainers generally appreciate if someone cares for a
particular component of TeXlive and maintains it in a separate package;
we exclude the stuff from our packages and Recommend the separate
package.  However, if no one steps up and maintains ethiop, there's no
problem in just removing it now.