Re: Switching from teTeX to TexLive in Ubuntu

[full-quote below with Henk added to the CC list, since I forgot that in
my original mail]

Hi all,

Henk, it would really be useful if you could describe the problems you
were having with TL in Ubuntu, as long as they are not Ubuntu specific.
It is probably worth mentioning that Ubuntu Edgy has versions 2005-2 and
2005.dfsg.1-1. There have been several changes since then. Of course,
this is a general problem with the way Ubuntu is operating.

Just to give an example for the "added value" that integration into
Debian gives: Frontends like lyx or kile now depend on "tetex | texlive"
(symbolically). Without this sort of integration you would either have
to install teTeX in addition to TL installed from DVD or play with
equivs. But of course, nobody is forced to use the TL packages offered
by Debian (and Ubuntu).

cheerio
ralf