Re: Switching from teTeX to TexLive in Ubuntu

Hi all!

Quick response from Vietnam: I completely agree with Ralf (of course), I followed the TL collections after extensive discussions on d-d, and I think that was generally a good decision (beside some complications).

Concerning "no added value": If the OP would follow the "upstream" tex-live ML he would see that actually many of the things changed in the Debian packages were also included upstream. I am heavily (ok not now in Vietnam) working with Karl and the rest to improve TeX Live afap.

The only thing actually really different is the font/hyphen/format management. But if you don't have any special wishes, then the default will work smoothly.

So as long as I don't see any description of actual problems I tend to consider this email as vain winin, sorry.