Re: cm-super

weg@indiscrete.org (Eythan Weg) wrote:

>  From: Frank Küster <frank@debian.org>
>  Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 18:19:24 +0100
>

>> weg@indiscrete.org (Eythan Weg) wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have installed parts of texlive without a hitch.
>>> But was paused by texlive-fonts-extra which
>>> contains a dependency on cm-super.
>>
>> What was the problem?  cm-super is available in etch and sid.
>
> Cm-super is very bulky.

You must take into account that we are not native speakers and therefore
should phrase carefully.  I still cannot read "the download time was too
long", which is what you seem to say, from "was paused by
texlive-fonts-extra".

>>> Is this
>>> necessary?
>>
>> It's necessary in the sense that the upstream collection that makes up
>> texlive-fonts-extra does contain cm-super.  In the Debian package these
>> fonts were split out because they are already packaged.
>
> It is great that they are separate but it seems
> that they are not installation-independent.  Why
> is there an installation dependence?  I am curious
> what fonts in texlive-fonts-extra depend on
> cm-super.

None, as far as I know.  Please file a wishlist bug so that we won't
forget this and can discuss it in a way that it is archived properly.