Re: mktexlsr called to often in postin of tetex-base?

On 20.10.06 Florent Rougon (f.rougon@free.fr) wrote:
> Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

Hi,

> > IMHO there is room for optimization. If not, please explain.
>
> Yes, there is room IMHO too. However, calling mktexlsr does not
> take *very* long, so we won't gain that much. Still, 0.5 second or
> so on my system for non-first runs (later runs are faster than the
> first one due to the caching performed by the kernel).

Well, I'm used to run mostly on older hardware, where the time is
significantly higher. I've seen times up to 5 seconds, hence it came
to my attention.
Should I file a wishlist bug or is nobody willing to implement the
mentioned optimization (if not done yet)?

H.
--
Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
		-- Proverbs, 26:5