Re: [NTG-context] Debian/texlive/context: Segfault in mpost

It was the crucial clue, however, since I found

/usr/share/texmf-texlive/web2c/texmf.cnf

and removed it, which solved the problem!

Thank you all, Johan Sandblom

2006/11/8, Johan Sandblom <jsandblom@gmail.com>:
2006/11/8, taco@glenfiddich.elvenkind.com <taco@glenfiddich.elvenkind.com>:
> On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 07:01:00PM +0100, Johan Sandblom wrote:
> > I did. No change.
>
> I suspect this is 'the' mismatched array bug in web2c.
>
> If you have both main_memory.mpost and|or main_memory.metafun
> in your texmf.cnf, and they are not the same value(s), then you
> can get segfaults (as well as various other bugs).

No, that does not appear to be it:

root@smoke:/etc/texmf# grep main_memory `kpsewhich texmf.cnf`
% main_memory.hugetex = 20000000
% main_memory is relevant only to initex, extra_mem_* only to non-ini.
% Thus, have to redump the .fmt file after changing main_memory; to add
main_memory = 1000000 % words of inimemory available; also applies to inimf&mp
main_memory.context = 1500000
main_memory.mpost = 1500000
main_memory.lambda = 2200000

--