Re: About the license of the algorithms

Hi, Norbert.

On Nov 03 2006, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> On Don, 02 Nov 2006, Rogério Brito wrote:
> > http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-tex/tetex-base/trunk/debian/tpm/algorithms.tpm?op=file&rev=0&sc=0
> >
> > Does it mean that algorithms may have a problem with licenses? Do you
> > need any further information from me?
>
> Why? It states that the license is LGPL, same as the TeX Catalogue. Is
> this wrong?

No, the license is right [*], but it states that the author is unknown
and the description isn't exactly the same as the TeX Catalogue AFAIK.

> > I plan, BTW, given the request of many users in the last few months,
> > to implement some new features and upload a new version of
> > algorithms.
>
> Upload it to CTAN, it will end up in TeX Live 2006, and so in
> Debian. Or you (or someone) creates its own Debian package.

Yes, I will try to come up with a new version of it, upload to CTAN as
usual and probably ask João Paulo and Victor to debianize it.

I will read the instructions of Frank later, since I'm preparing an
upload of vrms to get it in time for etch's release.

Thank you very much for your comments, Rogério.

[*] It will be moved to LPPL in a near future, though.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/