Re: About the license of the algorithms

Hi all,

Norbert should probably have Cc'ed Rogerio...

> Hi all!
>
> On Don, 02 Nov 2006, Rogério Brito wrote:
>> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-tex/tetex-base/trunk/debian/tpm/algorithms.tpm?op=file&rev=0&sc=0
>>
>> Does it mean that algorithms may have a problem with licenses? Do you
>> need any further information from me?
>
> Why? It states that the license is LGPL, same as the TeX Catalogue. Is
> this wrong?

This package is even one from the small number that has already been
checked.  From the catalogue:

  <home href='http://algorithms.berlios.de'/>
  <license type='lgpl'  version='2005-07-05' checked='2006-02-08' username='norbusan'/>

This means it will already show up fine in the TeXlive copyright file.

By the way, here's one more task to do:  There are lots of packages that
Norbert (norbusan) has checked and registered in the catalogue.  This
means they will show up fine in TeXlive's copyright file - but not in
teTeX's.  In order to add it to teTeX, the steps needed are

- copy the tpm file from the texlive repository to
  tetex-base/trunk/debian/tpm

- check that all files are in their registered places in teTeX, or move
  them around (in many cases, Thomas Esser has judged differently than
  the TeXlive developers about whether a file is a source file, or
  documentation; and often the format of the documentation is dvi
  instead of pdf).

- check that there are no additional files in teTeX (are individual
  files displayed?  It should be only directories).  If there are, check
  that they are covered by the same license and add them if yes.