Re: intent to do a poppler transition

Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org> wrote:

> Gnome Team will take care of evince, and I am Ccing maintainers of
> affected packages (although I think that binary NMU can fix that?).

Hm, while trying to check tetex-bin:

# apt-get -t experimental install libpoppler1 libpoppler-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  libpoppler1: Depends: poppler-data but it is not installable
E: Broken packages
# apt-cache policy poppler-data
poppler-data:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: (none)
  Version table:

> The reason for this is that poppler 0.4.x is very buggy and it will not
> be supported from upstream.  Also number of affected packages in not
> very high.

I generally support this move.

Frank Küster