Re: How to deal with teTeX's and texlive's RC licensing bugs

Hi Frank!

On Fre, 29 Sep 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
> > Or I blacklist only those files which are in the Debian package and
> > recommend it? What do you think?
>
> Yes, this is probably better.  But only slightly; I don't know how much
> hassle it is to blacklist individual files.

Already done. How to blacklist:
	blacklist;file;texmf/foo/bar/bla.sty
that was it. In fact I haven't taken a look into tpm2deb.pl for ages ...

> >> an ethiop-fonts package, too.  But as a short term solution I suggest
> >> P/C/R.
> >
> > For ethiop I leave if for now, too much work to sort this out ...
>
> You mean, you just keep the Conflicts?  There are no files in ethiop
> that are missing in texlive, except of course things like individual
> debian/copyright.  So I think we can safely add Provides/Replaces.

Ok,
	provides;texlive-latex-?????;ethiop
	replaces;texlive-latex-?????;ethiop
	conflicts;texlive-latex-????;ethiop
with current version number I assume?

> Okay, but if you tell me how to edit README.Debian for a particular
> binary package, I'll add the remark and drop the conflict.

	texlive/trunk/addons-per-bin/texlive-foo-bar.README

(see examples there) This is merged at build time with

	texlive/trunk/addons-per-soure/all.README.Debian

> A polish scientist working on far-eastern language or culture?

I was joking of course ... ?!

> > depends I think is going quite well. Build depends is a desaster.
>
> But it's easy to unintrusively NMU.  We just need to arrange with the
> release team post-etch.

And a lot of time ...

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
ZAPHOD	Hey, this rock...
FORD	Marble...
ZAPHOD	Marble...
FORD	Ice-covered marble...
ZAPHOD	Right... it's as slippery as... as... What's the slipperiest
	thing you can think of?
FORD	At the moment? This marble.
ZAPHOD	Right. This marble is as slippery as this marble.
                 --- Zaphod and Ford trying to get a grip on things in
                 --- Brontitall, Fit the Tenth.