Re: How to deal with teTeX's and texlive's RC licensing bugs

> Hi Frank!
>
> On Don, 28 Sep 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
>> Aren't the real old files mostly also in tetex, and the largest part of
>> what texlive has in addition is rather new?
>
> I don't understand the meaning of this? " ... mostly also in tetex, and
> ...". No, in TeX live there is all the stuff which is on CTAN (more or
> less), so if on CTAN there is an old file, it is also in TeX live.

My idea was that CTAN is growing, teTeX is older than texlive and
growing more slowly.  Therefore it is likely that teTeX covers old files
on CTAN quite well, whereas younger additions are mostly in TeXlive.

To express my estimate in (freely invented) numbers: teTeX might cover
90% of relevant (free,...) files in the set that was available on CTAN
in 1996, TeXlive maybe covers 99% of these.  However, teTeX only covers
like 25% of the set that is now available, while TeXlive still covers
98%.  Consequently most of the files that TeXlive has in addition to
teTeX are new files, and the number of files from the old days that it
has in addition is small - 10% of 1996's CTAN set in my example.

Not that it matters much...

Gruß, Frank
--
Frank Küster