Re: How to deal with teTeX's and texlive's RC licensing bugs

Hi Frank, hi all!

On Don, 28 Sep 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
> ,----
> | euler: LPPL according changelog, but no indication in file.

euler v4 fixed this with a manifest afair.

> | citesort.sty: no license statement

This is Donald Arsenau. It was removed on CTAN and TeX live and I asked
him to reinclude a wrapper which gives a warning and otherwise calls
	\usepackage[sort]{cite}
He agreed.  We could include this wrapper and forget about the original.

> | dinbrief: lppl 1.1+, but with additional restrictions which are non-free

Strange, I have in my dinbrief version in texlive:
%% It may be distributed under the terms of the LaTeX Project Public
%% License (LPPL), as described in lppl.txt in the base LaTeX distribution.
%% Either version 1.1 or, at your option, any later version.

without any additional comments. Only:
%% For error reports in case of UNCHANGED versions see readme files.

> | bar.sty: no license statement except "don't modify", latex2.09, authors
> |          are no longer at their listed affiliation => should be removed

yes, also from texlive ... done ...

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
HARPENDEN (n.)
The coda to a phone conversion, consisting of about eight exchanges,
by which people try gracefully to get off the line.