Re: Packages using TeX should switch to depending on tetex | texlive

Hi M!

On Fre, 01 Sep 2006, lucifer@email.cz wrote:
> I've installed texlive instead of tetex and it seems to work fine so far. Great job!

Thanks a lot.

> However, many other packages (e.g. whole toolchain for converting docbook to .pdf based on JadeTeX) were
> removed during the upgrade, because they depend strictly on tetex-bin or tetex-bin-extra.
> These packages should be changed to depend on tetex|texlive.

For most of these packages bugs have already been filed and uploads are
being currently made.

jadetex is one of the bigger problems but we are in contact with the
maintainer and hope to see and updated package soon.

Thanks for your feedback.

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong
and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a
thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually
turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
                 --- One of the laws of computers and programming revealed.