Re: Location of documentation

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 10:20:32AM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
> Julian Gilbey <jdg@polya.uklinux.net> wrote:
>
> > I suggest a symlink to tetex-doc from /usr/share/doc/texmf, and
> > moving tetex from /usr/share/doc/texmf to /usr/share/doc/tetex-doc.
>
> The latter should be done, yes - that is tetex-bin still installing to
> the old location.  But with a symlink /usr/share/doc/texmf/ ->
> /usr/share/doc/tetex-doc, the teTex documentation would appear twice in
> "texdoc -s" or kpsewhere - and where should add-on packages install
> their documentation?

Sorry, I meant a symlink from within /usr/share/doc/texmf to the new
location, eg /usr/share/doc/texmf/tetex-doc ->
/usr/share/doc/tetex-doc.  Does texdoc follow symlinks?

Another simpler possibility is to have a README (or README.moved-docs)
in /usr/share/doc/texmf which explains the new setup.

   Julian