Re: latex-cjk upload to unstable ...

Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐) <danai.sae-han@skynet.be> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've created a single manpage for all the *latex scripts in CJK.  You
> find it attached to this email.  I hope it's okay.
>

> About the error trapping, I tried to get it working with variable
> targets (like I did in latex-cjk-chinese-arphic), but that proves too
> much of a hassle for my little computer brain.
>
> I think I have a much simpler solution: a comment where to find the
> output.
>
> 	# You can find a log of what's happening in build/log.
> 	cd build; \
> 	  ./wftodm -FontBase dg wadalab-sym/jis*.ps wadalab-gothic-0-13/goth-*.ps > log 2>&1 && \
> 	  ./wftodm -FontBase dm wadalab-sym/jis*.ps wadalab-mincho-0-12/min-*.ps >> log 2>&1 && \
> 	  ./wftodm -FontBase mc wadalab-sym/jis*.ps wadalab-mincho-0-8/min-*.ps >> log 2>&1 && \
> 	  ./wftodm -FontBase mr wadalab-sym/jis*.ps wadalab-maru-0-8/maru-*.ps >> log 2>&1
>
> If any of the commands in debian/rules fails, it will output it anyway.

Hm, I didn't look into the rules file again (I think I've deleted it on
my disk).  But in any case it is important that if the build fails, the
contents of the log file are automatically displayed.  This is important
if one encounters a problem while using pbuilder (which will then remove
the whole chroot), or even more if an official buildd fails.

As for the man page, i think it's very good.  Only two minor issues:

  .SH AUTHOR
-  The under section \fBNAME\fP mentioned programs were written by
Werner
+ The programs mentioned in section \fBNAME\fP were written by Werner
  Lemberg <wl@gnu.org>.
  .PP
  This manual page was written by Danai SAE-HAN <danai.sae-han@skynet.be>,
  for the Debian project (but may be used by others).

And you should extend the last sentence with a real license statement,
something like "It is in the public domain and may be freely used,
distributed and/or modified", or alternatively the GPL or whatever if
you prefer.

Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)