Re: Elementary tasks in need for *tex?

Hi, Frank.

On Jul 08 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
> Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@web.de> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 22:20 -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> >> So, in order that I prepare a formal proposal (let's cross our fingers
> >> and hope that they get interested!), what exactly is the work that
> >> currently needs to be done, but that could be achieved by a novice? The
> >> so-called "janitorial" tasks are ok.
> >
> > Not Debian specific, but the TeX Live people could need help updating
> > their TEXMF tree. From the description Karl Berry posted on the TEX Live
> > list, I could imagine that this would be doable for a novice.
>
> But probably not without an experienced person supervising, which is
> probably a task that Karl cannot do?

I think that I'll subscribe to the texlive mailing list to see how
things are going and to get familiar with the "modus operandi" of the
group.

> I think Norberts idea of realising the testbed thing might be better.
> It only needs some experienced people at the beginning to phrase the
> proposal and spell out some tasks, and then they can show code that
> works.

Well, I will try to write something and then propose this to them.

And regarding the Debian packaging, is there anything that a novice
could do?

Thanks for your feedback, Rogério Brito.

P.S.: Of course, I chose *tex because I use it and it is one of my
preferred "subsystems" of Debian. :-)
Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/