Re: place pgfuserguide.pdf.gz in /usr/share/doc/texmf

On 22.03.05 Uwe Zeisberger (zeisberg@informatik.uni-freiburg.de) wrote:

Hi all,

> If pgfuserguide.pdf.gz would be placed in or below
> /usr/share/doc/texmf, texdoc could find it, and you would only need
> to type
>
> 	texdoc pgfuserguide
>
> to show it on your screen.
>
> It's enough to symlink /usr/share/doc/pgf/pgfuserguide.pdf.gz to
> /usr/share/doc/texmf.

I'd rather suggest to create a softlink /usr/share/doc/texmf/latex/pgf
pointing to /usr/share/doc/pgf. That would bring us the whole doc
into the texmf tree. Reasons:

1. texdoc could use the docs
2. a document provided by teTeX points to that pgfuserguide provided
   by pgf and expects it at that location.

In theory you would have to conflict with all teTeX versions >
2.99.7.20041225-beta-1 and < 3.0-2. Fortunately these were only
available from experimental and are not available any more. So I
guess we don't have to care.

Thanks for listening,
  Hilmar
--