Re: fonts in user home

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> Couldn't we also add a user version of update-updmap?

Yes. That would not solve the problem of user-specific updmap.cfg and
final map files becoming outdated after system-wide changes, but would
simplify a bit the task of updating them.

We have two options here:

 1. Follow the teTeX trend, introducing update-updmap-sys; all packages
    using update-updmap would have to be updated to use
    update-updmap-sys.

 2. Add an id() check as you included in one of the tetex tools already
    (I don't remember which one), so that update-updmap acts differently
    depending on whether it is run as root or as a simple user (with an
    option to force user-specific behavior even when run as root).

Do you have any preference?

--
Florent