Re: Your Debian packages

* Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> [2005-06-14 00:12]:
> > * David A. van Leeuwen <david@elseware.nl> [2003-09-28 21:10]:
> > > I think that we could safely drop `dvidvi'---that should either be
> > > part of tetex, but its functionality is covered by pstricks and the
> > > like.
>
> Well, dvidvi is still needed by alml, so it cannot be removed without
> making that package instantly buggy. Removal request postponed for now
> pending reaction of the alml maintainer on whether alml could be changed
> to use something else (note, I didn't mail the alml maintainer, but do
> see #310201).

Gaetano, you say in #310201 that "alml is not a unique dependance of
Appunti-di-informatica-libera.  It is a DTD and can be used for any
kind of documentation.  So it should not be removed."  However, it
seems that alml is the only package which uses dvidvi which we'd like
to remove.  How useful/important is alml and does it absolutely
require dvidvi?
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/