Re: move to subversion

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 09:21:47PM +0200, Frank K?ster wrote:
> Richard Lewis <rtf@jabble.com> wrote:
>
> >>  We should probably have a copy of the sarge version in it, but
> >> then, for tetex-base, there's the problem of the directory move.  I
> >> guess there isn't a "nice" solution for this?
> >
> > i'm not quite sure what you refer to,
>
> The tetex-texmf upstream tarball always unpacked the subdirectories of
> TEXMF{DIST,MAIN} into the current directory.  In tetex-base_2.0.2, the
> tarball has been recreated to unpack into texmf/, but in 3.0 I have kept
> it as it is, because dpkg can handle this by itself.

That shouldn't affect the repository, though, which is only interested
in the unpacked version.

There's also the svn-buildpackage package which is an svn version of
cvs-buildpackage, which could be useful.  And a really nice script
which Joey Hess sent to a list a little while back for submitting
changes to the repo and tagging for releases.  The SVN docs are also
available in /usr/share/doc/subversion/book/svn-book.html in the
subversion package.  All you need to know :)

I'll enquire about setting up a repository on svn.debian.org.

   Julian