Re: move to subversion

Richard Lewis <rtf@jabble.com> wrote:

>>  We should probably have a copy of the sarge version in it, but
>> then, for tetex-base, there's the problem of the directory move.  I
>> guess there isn't a "nice" solution for this?
>
> i'm not quite sure what you refer to,

The tetex-texmf upstream tarball always unpacked the subdirectories of
TEXMF{DIST,MAIN} into the current directory.  In tetex-base_2.0.2, the
tarball has been recreated to unpack into texmf/, but in 3.0 I have kept
it as it is, because dpkg can handle this by itself.

> but subversion does support
> symlinks as well as files/dir moves

This is very good.  Then we should check in the sarge version first,
manually move the subdirs of texmf/ to the toplevel directory, and after
that import the new upstream version.