Re: Upgrade Problems

Adam

> The solution is to fully upgrade to sarge as stable first, then
> upgrade from there to etch if desired. See the thread at
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/09/msg00043.html for a
> similar situation.

Okay,  started on this just now.....

"  891 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 94 not upgraded.
Need to get 819MB/886MB of archives.
After unpacking 33.4MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y  "

Should take about 4 hours to download the whole thing.

> If that doesn't work then there might be a problem, but we'd need
> more detail in that case - version numbers of the affected
> packages, for instance.

Probably come back tomorrow.  Thanks to everyone for help.

--
Richard