Re: software RAID

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 09:39:35AM +0000, Bob Hutchinson wrote:
> On Saturday 05 Nov 2005 09:27, Dave Restall - System Administrator,,, wrote:
> > Hi,

> > > Can anyone confirm/deny that Debian 3.1 can support software RAID1 on
> > > SATA discs?

> > Works OK for me - the setup is a bit arcane though :-)

> aaargh, any pointers? ;-)

I don't know anything about arcane; software RAID1 is a supported
configuration in the 3.1 installer, and is documented as such in the manual.
The only consideration is whether your SATA drives are actually supported
(many SATA controllers only got kernel support after the 2.6.8 version that
sarge froze at).

BTW, debian-user is a more appropriate list for such questions, since Debian
3.1 is *not* testing...