EPSON printer admin tool requires printing client command (broken dependency)

Hi list,

This is my first posting here, so if this is not the right place to ask this question, I apologize, and humbly ask you to refer me to the right place.

I am using SID, KDE and CUPS, and an EPSON Stylus C43SX printer. I had the packages cupsys (the server) and gimp-print (the driver) installed. This gave me a very nice dialog of printer-specific administration utilities (e.g. cleaning the head, aligning printing heads, print test page), accessible from the KDE Printing Manager (under "Printer tools"). Except that some of the utilities failed with a message that the command 'lp' was not found. I installed cupsys-client, and that solved the problem.

I think this means the combination of packages I use should have included, somewhere, a dependency on a printing system client package -- maybe even specifically cupsys-client. My question to the list is, do you know which package the dependency should be added to, if at all? Who do I report this bug to?

Thanks,
	Shai.
They are intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.

** TASE scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content. **