Re: unable to boot 2.6.7 on sarge

Robert Van Horn wrote:
Hi,	Not sure this qualifies as a
debian-testing issue but here goes. Installed
sarge from the latest netinstall iso. Machine is
supermicro u2 with adaptec 320 scsi card.
Boots ok. Now, compiled 2.6.7 to get smp but the problem is after the initrd.img file loads
I get the message:

kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root file system on unknown-block 0,0

My guess is there is something wrong with the way I created
the initrd.img. Used mkinitrd -k -o /boot/initrd.img-2.6.7 -r /dev/sda2 2.6.7

Have you tried using the Debian kernel builder? Try "man make-kpkg".

Jason