Re: KDE Crashing - Sarge

Bruno Bellantuono wrote:

> Guido,
>
>     I tried to use the "vesa" driver instead of the "nv" driver, but
> that haven't solved my problem . Can you provide more detailed
> information about what you have done?
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Bruno

Hi Bruno,
untar the new nvidia-package named /usr/src/nvidia-kernel-source.tar.gz
cd into your kernel-source, make-kpkg modules_image, install the new
nvidia-kernel in /usr/src with dpkg, change /etc/X11/XF86Config to nvidia
and reboot.
All my kernels are build with kernel-package, cause it's the simpliest way
to install a new kernel. Thats all.
Documentation can be found
in /usr/share/doc/nvidia-kernel-source/README.Debian

Hth

Kind Regards

Guido