Re: KDE Crashing - Sarge

Guido,

    I tried to use the "vesa" driver instead of the "nv" driver, but that haven't solved my problem . Can you provide more detailed information about what you have done?

Kind Regards,

Bruno

Guido Königstein wrote:
Bruno Bellantuono wrote:

Folks,

   I had always used Debian testing perfectly, but on 27th July I made a
dist-upgrade, as usually. Suddenly all KDE applications started crashing
just after they were closed. Applications like Knotes, Kmixer,
Korganizer, summarizing ALL KDE applications. Such a thing had never
happened to my system.
   All other applications (mozilla, gaim, etc...) are working perfectly.
I've also tried to upgrade to unstable, but the crashes are still
happening.
   Does anybody have an idea to solve this problem?

Regards,

Bruno

Hi Bruno,
got the same problem a few days ago. My machine freezes when starting kdm.
After booting with Knoppix and disabling nvidia-modul, I changed
displaymanager to xdm. After that a lot of crashes where reported, while
starting kde. So I've recompiled the new nvidia-package, which came while
dist-upgrade, and all is fine again.
Problem seems to be with new nvidia-package.

HTH

Regards

Guido

--