Re: KDE Crashing - Sarge

Bruno Bellantuono wrote:

> Folks,
>
>    I had always used Debian testing perfectly, but on 27th July I made a
> dist-upgrade, as usually. Suddenly all KDE applications started crashing
> just after they were closed. Applications like Knotes, Kmixer,
> Korganizer, summarizing ALL KDE applications. Such a thing had never
> happened to my system.
>    All other applications (mozilla, gaim, etc...) are working perfectly.
> I've also tried to upgrade to unstable, but the crashes are still
> happening.
>    Does anybody have an idea to solve this problem?
>
> Regards,
>
> Bruno

Hi Bruno,
got the same problem a few days ago. My machine freezes when starting kdm.
After booting with Knoppix and disabling nvidia-modul, I changed
displaymanager to xdm. After that a lot of crashes where reported, while
starting kde. So I've recompiled the new nvidia-package, which came while
dist-upgrade, and all is fine again.
Problem seems to be with new nvidia-package.

HTH

Regards

Guido