Fonts not found (X)

After an updgrade som days ago (I suspect), I am no longer able to view
some pdf-files with xpdf.  (I can open the documents, but there are not
any visible characters there.) When starting xpdf I get a lot of error
messages about missing fonts (see below) which I did not get before.

I suspect this has to do with the setup of the X-server or the font
server.  Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong?

With kind regards
Asbjørn Sæbø

Error: No display font for 'Courier'
Error: No display font for 'Courier-Bold'
Error: No display font for 'Courier-BoldOblique'
Error: No display font for 'Courier-Oblique'
Error: No display font for 'Helvetica'
Error: No display font for 'Helvetica-Bold'
Error: No display font for 'Helvetica-BoldOblique'
Error: No display font for 'Helvetica-Oblique'
Error: No display font for 'Symbol'
Error: No display font for 'Times-Bold'
Error: No display font for 'Times-BoldItalic'
Error: No display font for 'Times-Italic'
Error: No display font for 'Times-Roman'
Error: No display font for 'ZapfDingbats'
Error: Couldn't find a font for 'Times-Roman'
Error: Couldn't find a font for 'Times-Roman'
Error: Couldn't find a font for 'Times-Bold'