Re: network interrupted

Op woensdag 21 mei 2003 20:52, schreef Danny:
> May 21 13:54:22 localhost kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed

Ahh the famous transmit timed out... D-LINK network card perhaps?

The only thing I've managed to find out so far about this problem is that it's
a driver issue with some of the last revisions of the D-LINK 530TX network
card. I've also noticed that the problem only occurs when there's heavy
network traffic. Sometimes it can recover itself after the transmit timeout
several times before the card/driver needs a manual reset to get back in
action. I've also noticed that the problem doesn't occur in 2.2 kernels nor
in the first few 2.4 kernels but in the current kernel versions the problem
is there for months and doesn't seem to get fixed. Better swap that NIC for a
3COM or something if this is mission-critical machine or if you're tired of
resetting the NIC yourself :)

--
Regards,

Jo Voordeckers