proftpd + fonts problems

Hello.

I am using Debian unstable. After some of the recent upgrades my fonts
in GNOME2 have changed. Here is my old desktop:

	http://www.gnome.pl/~mst/files/screens/desktop.png

and here is my new (with "narrow" fonts):

	http://www.gnome.pl/~mst/files/screens/desktop2.png

Could you help me and tell, why the fonts have changed?

Second problem is my proftp server. I don't know where the problem is.
I've upgraded to proftpd-1.2.6-5 and now, after login, I get such
message:

220 ProFTPD 1.2.6 Server (Debian) [diuna]
Name (127.0.0.1:mst): anonymous
331 Anonymous login ok, send your complete email address as your
password.
Password:
230-Welcome, archive user anonymous@127.0.0.1 !
230-
230-The local time is: Mon Mar 17 21:28:20 2003
230-
230-This is an experimental FTP server.  If have any unusual problems,
230-please report them via e-mail to <root@diuna>.
230-
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
Login failed.
No control connection for command: Permission denied

I'm using Linux 2.4.20 with grsecurity patch (but the patch is not the
problem, I've tested proftp with Debian kernel; firewall also doesn't
cause this).

best regards
Maciek

--
Maciej Stachura (Public GPG Key at http://www.gnome.pl/~mst/)
stachura@unicity.pl

"What has the Torun-cake to the windmill?"