Re: woody unusable for dial on demand because of exim/libc6 bug

On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 04:44:28AM +0100, Steffen Evers wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have noticed a bad behavior of exim or something exim calls several
> month ago and it still seems to exist:

exim, like other programs, supports ipv6, which is done via a libc
function that does several layers of lookups. This is not a bug in
libc6, nor exim. It's just the way things work (same with telnet, etc.).

You can get around it by setting up a local DNS server.

--
/       Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux       \