Re: libgnomeprint-data problem.

King Leo (Martin Oberzalek) wrote:

Am Die, 2002-03-19 um 20.13 schrieb Daryl S. Ehrenheim:

When I upgraded to libgnomeprint15 version 0.35-1 I kept running into the following segfault error:

/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgnomeprint-data.postinst: line 39: 3965 Segmentation fault

I have the same problem too.

It's a "clean" up to date debian/unstable system. No Ximian or something
else.

However, since I hardly print something via a GNOME application it does
not bother me.

I do not print out of gnome either, but everytime I apt-get install something I get the segfault error due to it trying to complete the installation of the package. I just hope that someone is aware of the issue and that they are trying to fix the problem. Maybe you and I are the only ones in the world with this particular problem. Here is my machine specs for analysis:

I am running an:

AMD K6-2 450 processor on a FIC PA-2013 MB
Kernel 2.4.17-k6
Xfree86 4.1
ATI Rage 128 Video Card
Lots and Lots of software installed.

I usually use apt-get only to install programs. Don't care for dselect yet, but have tried numerous times. Used kpackage in the past until I started having problems with my cache file. Let me know if anyone else has any ideas.

Daryl S. Ehrenheim