libgnomeprint-data problem.

When I upgraded to libgnomeprint15 version 0.35-1 I kept running into the following segfault error:

/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgnomeprint-data.postinst: line 39: 3965 Segmentation fault gnome-font-install --recursive --static --target=/usr/share/gnome/fonts/gnome-print-ghostscript.fontmap --aliases=/usr/share/fonts/adobe-urw.font /usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts /usr/lib/ghostscript/fonts /usr/share/fonts/default/Type1 /usr/share/fonts/default/ghostscript /usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts /usr/local/lib/ghostscript/fonts /usr/local/share/fonts/default/Type1 /usr/local/share/fonts/default/ghostscript /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts /usr/freeware/share/ghostscript/fonts 2>/dev/null
dpkg: error processing libgnomeprint-data (--configure):

I scoured the mailing lists and found that someone had the same problem as I did with version 0.35-2 in the gtk-gnome development list. Someone replied that the problem was fixed with 0.35-3 and I had hope that this would fix my problem also. I have since upgraded to 0.35-3 and still get the same error.

My system was running Progeny Linux and now is Debian Testing/Woody only. I did have some Ximian on my machine when running Progeny, but have since removed all packages related to Ximian. (As far as I can tell) Do I need to reconfigure my Gnome? I am also running KDE 2.2.2 as a desktop manager. Has anyone else run into this same problem? I have been able to fix countless other minor issues, but this one still has me chasing my tail. I am still somewhat of a newbie having only been using Linux since April/May of last year.

Daryl S. Ehrenheim
Pickering Inc.