Re: ulimit question

Stephen Gran wrote:

Hello all,
I've been chasing a bug around, trying to figure out what's causing
it.  When I am in console mode ulimit -a shows:
thought, and grep'ing for ulimit both through /etc/ and ~/ don't turn
up anything.  I am running a mix of sid and woody, on a 2.4.18 kernel
(with CONFIG_QUOTA unset, no less).  My X session is sawfish & gnome,
and I use KDM as a login manager.  I am at a loss, as I can't find any
mention of ulimit, sigxfsz, rlimit, or anything else in the various
places I've looked. Somebody, please smack me with the clue bat, as this is preenting me
from getting some things done when in an X session, and is mildly
annoying.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

I had the problem when i logged in with ssh. Have a look at /etc/login.defs.
I thik it was there i fixed the problem.
Kenneth