/usr/bin/[ ?

Hello all,
I've just set up a laptop with Woody, going lovely, thanks to all of
you.  I noticed while writing a shell script that searches some of my
$PATH that I have a file /usr/bin/[ - is this normal?  I don't remeber
seeing it on any of my other boxen, although I don't have access to
them right now to check.  Looking at it, it's a binary file, so I
don't think it's an artifact of a poorly written shell script I wrote
(and I haven't done much else on this box).  I'm heavily firewalled,
so I don't really think I've been hacked, it's just kind of odd.  I
look forward to your answers.
Thanks,
Steve