lilo problems (Re: boot floppies 2.2.7 available for testing)

Same box as before (netfinity 5500 m10).

After reboot, lilo reports LIL.  I selected yes to the install mbr on
/dev/sda via lilo.  No errors were shown.  Checked the lilo.conf after
reboot with a rescue floppy to find the line "image=vmlinuz".  This needs
to be "image=/vmlinuz".  I'm pretty sure this was the error (caused lilo
to exit with an error), but I haven't had a chance to reboot the box.  I
believe the LIL came from the last linux install.

Brandon

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Joey Hess wrote:

> Boot-floppies 2.2.7 have been released, and need some testing. 2.2.7 is
> mostly bugfixes, plus more changes to lbr/lilo prompting. Several of the
> previous problems, like networking and DHCP, seem to have been fixed;
> others, like PCMCIA, may still be a problem. We need some more problem &
> success reports to figure out where to go and what to do from here. Much of
> what Adam posted about the last release is still quite relevant:
>
> > Debuggers should be using the 'debug' bootarg when booting.  Other
> > interesting bootargs are 'verbose' (for instance, if you don't want to
> > retain 2.0 compat in your e2fs filesystems) and 'quiet' (tries to
> > inhibit prompts whenever possible).
> >
> > Be sure to file bugs against the right package, such as base-config,
> > modconf, kernel-image-2.2.14 or kernel-image-2.2.14-compact, etc.

Brandon

    Brandon Mitchell  *  http://public.surfree.com/bmitch
  bmitch@surfree.com  *  ICQ: 30631197