consensus on stuff left to be fixed in slink

I'm hoping to build consensus and motivate people to try to fix some
of the bugs in slink which, I believe, seriously impact the quality of
slink.

I have put up a page at
<URL:http://www.debian.org/~aph/slink-bugs.html>.  Included below is
an ASCII version.  Please comment and NMU fixes, even, to stable.
I will try to keep this page up-to-date.

I shall probably post this to debian-devel over the weekend to try to
get others to help with the research and NMUs.

                         Bugs To Try to Fix For Slink

   I personally think the following bugs are important enough to be fixed
   in slink. Commentary, dispute, or suggestions should be sent to
   [1]<debian-testing@lists.debian.org>.
     *

  replace kernel-source-2.2.1 with kernel-source-2.2.5
       Kernel source 2.2.1 has serious problems, and doesn't include
       up-to-date sparc changes either. Kernel source for 2.2.5 or newer
       should be provided instead (still priority extra and not
       officially supported -- note that I am not suggesting a move to
       this kernel for slink, since that is what potato is for.
       Awaiting upload.
     *

  Bug #[2]34328 (kernel-image-2.0.36 i386)
       The default slink boot kernel seems to be having a lot of problems
       with the aic7xxx SCSI chipset. Many many bugs submitted about
       this, about one every other day.
     *

  Bug #[3]35646 (makedev) and Bug #[4]33503 (base)
       Sound devices should be back in the base system (they are
       currently missing).
     *

  lsof (no bug)
       For the i386 architecture, at least, the version of lsof shipped
       with slink doesn't match the default kernel, 2.0.36.
     *

  Bug #[5]35613 (xserver-xsun, sparc)
       Improper way of checking /dev/fb* perms, lead to startx being
       unable to function.
       Branden can fix this. Give him help, submit patch to the BTS.
     *

  Bug #[6]35616 (makedev sparc)
       /dev/mouse should symlink to sunmouse on sparc. Failure to do this
       will result in failure for gpm in default configuration, and
       xserver-sun*.