Re: Presentation

Hello,

On 9 August 2015 at 16:51, Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org> wrote:
Hi Oscar,

Oscar Osta Pueyo wrote:
> I'm Oscar Osta from Catalonia, Spain. I'm living in Switzerland since one
> and half year ago, in Biel/Bienne.

Welcome then!

Since you're living in Biel/Bienne, you may be interested in this:
Once a year in spring or early summer there is an event by the Chaos
Computer Club Switzerland in Villa Ritter in Biel/Bienne. See
https://www.cosin.ch/ for the event's web page.

There are quite some Swiss Debian users (including me) on that event.
Would be nice to see you there next year, too. (I gave two Debian
related talks there this year.)

So far the only regulary Debian meetup in Switzerland is on every
first Tuesday of the month in Zurich near the main station. See
https://wiki.debian.org/LocalGroups#Switzerland

If you're looking for local Linux User Groups, you'll find a list of
mostly German speaking LUGs at http://www.lugs.ch/lugs/sektionen/.
There's also at least one French speaking LUG meeting at
http://www.linux-gull.ch/ActivitesGULL.html#Rencontres_Premiers_Mardis

The closest user group to Biel/Bienne in these listings seems to be
the one in Bern: http://www.lugbe.ch/

There's also a mostly French speaking Linux online community at
http://www.swisslinux.org/ which has at least two real-life meetings
per year. The next one, their Grillade Annuelle is next weekend:
http://www.swisslinux.org/wiki/fr/association/evenements/201508/09-22

While there seem quite some Debian users around at SwissLinux, I fear
that there won't be many Debianistas at this year's Grillade Annuelle
since the annual Debian Conference aka DebConf starts in the south of
Germany on that weekend and probably many Debian users will
be there instead. (DebConf15 is btw. fully booked as it seems:
http://blog.debconf.org/blog/debconf15/2015-08-05-registrations_temporarily_closed.dc)

> In barcelona I participate in diferents groups of users:
> 1. Debian-user in Catalan (debian-user-catalan).
> 2. Debian Translate Team to Catalan (debian-l10n-catalan).
> 3. Debian I18n Catalan Spam Clean -
> https://wiki.debian.org/I18n/CatalanSpamClean

I was in Barcelona in May for the Debian Perl Team Sprint. The local
organiser was Alex Muntada. Maybe you know him. Liked Barcelona a lot.
:-)

                Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin

Yes!!! I know who is. I've done with him the introduction perl course four years ago. We see with him the free software day in Barcelona, the meetings of sudoers, the ubuntu globaljam and install parties and others meeting of FLOSS :)

Thanks for the information...

--
Oscar Osta Pueyo
oostap.listas@gmail.com