Re: [Debconf13-ch] [Debconf-team] dc13 venue announcement? (was: [Publicity-commits] r3231 - /dpn/en/current/index.wml)

Hi

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 22:07:19 +0100, Francesca Ciceri <madamezou@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 12:52:07PM +0100, Francesca Ciceri wrote:
> [...]
> > I've just drafted an announcement: we only lack a nice quote from one (or
> > more) members of the DebConf Committee and their ack.
> >
> > As usual the draft is into publicity SVN repository, also via HTTP at:
> > http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/publicity/announcements/en/drafts/dc13-in-switzerland.wml?view=log
>
> I've just updated the draft with the changes suggested by Moray, Luca,
> Gaudenz and Axel: thank you all for the help!
>
> The only thing left is the quote: Holger suggested that could be more
> appropriate a quote from debian.ch people, and Didier (on IRC) proposed
> this one by Luca, from meeting minutes:
>
> "19:10:52 <gismo_ch> during our meetings, it was clear that we were interested in a "different" DebConf"
> "19:11:16 <gismo_ch> Switzerland is known for the natural environment and this was our main goal: a DebConf "inside" the nature"
>
> Luca, is it ok for you?

There is also this quote where I try to summarize Lucas presentation of
our bid:
19:18:15 <gaudenz_ch> To summarize our bid strongly focuses on the
community gathering aspect of DebConf as everything is on one compound
outside of major cities. We'll have the whole thing exclusively for
DebConf.

Maybe it needs to be reformulated a bit to somthing like:
----
Our proposal for DebConf strongly focuses on the community gathering
aspect of DebConf. Accomodation, hacking spaces and talk rooms will be
at the same place with a beatiful view over the lake of Neuchatel and to
the Swiss alps. We'll have the whole holiday camp exclusively for
DebConf.
----
(Please review my english and make any corrections as needed.)

Best,
Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.