Re: [Debconf13-ch] [Debconf-team] Materials for DebConf13 decision meeting

Hi there!

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 02:54:34 +0100, Moray Allan wrote:
> As part of the decision meeting, we consider what each bid says on these points:
>
> - Bid teams describe how their bid meets each of the points on the
> priority list (http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/PriorityList)

This should be OK:

  <http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Switzerland/Bid/PriorityList>

> - Bid teams describe weak points in their own bid

This is missing, or, better, it is buried in:

  <http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Switzerland/Bid#Possible_problems_and_how_we_intend_to_solve_them>

I will check if we missed something and report it in the PriorityList
section:

  <http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Switzerland/Bid/PriorityList#weak_points_of_the_Swiss_bid>

> - Bid teams describe strong points in the other bid

This has to be done, I will go again through the Latvian bid and fill
the PriorityList section:

  <http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Switzerland/Bid/PriorityList#strong_points_of_the_Latvia_bid>

> Bid teams, please post your final versions of these to the wiki today,
> and reply to this message with the link(s) when they're there and no
> longer being changed.  It would be helpful if you could do this early
> enough so that everyone has time to read them before the meeting
> starts.

Yearly enough is not before early afternoon, for me, sorry.  FWIW I
think sending such a request the very same day of the final meeting is
not the best option, especially given that Monday is a working day.

> In addition, if you feel you have changed anything materially in your
> bid, or in the description of your bid on the wiki, in the last few
> weeks, I recommend that you summarise the modifications to the list,
> so that people who read the bids a long time ago notice the changes
> you have made!

From my part, the only thing that changed is that last week I was
contacted by Palexpo (Bcc:ed) as a result of the debian.ch presence at
Open Source Now 2012:

  <http://www.palexpo.ch/>
  <http://www.debian.org/events/2012/0207-opensourcenow>

Despite having chosen Vaumarcus, I asked for an offer, so we can have a
backup plan and also know the prices for such a structure.  The prices
are private and I have not had the time to upload them to the Git
private repository, but IMHO there is no point in discussing them before
the meeting (FWIW, they are higher than UniMail).

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca