Re: [Debconf13-ch] Preparation of the debconf13 decision meeting

Hi,

Le 10.02.2012 10:16, Gaudenz Steinlin a écrit :
> On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 09:46:04 +0100, Luca Capello <luca@pca.it> wrote:
>> That being said, it is obvious that reducing the overall prices is a
>> good thing, but I think we are a bit too late at this point.
>>
>>> - We should probably at least ask Le Camp if they in general see the
>>>   possibility to give us some discount (especially on the food). We
>>>   could also discuss options where we don't rent some of the houses for
>>>   debcamp. Luca are you going to do this or would you prefer if someone
>>>   else talked to them?
>>
>> I would prefer if someone else would take care of that, first because I
>> do not share this idea *at this point* of the bid and second because I
>> am going to travel over the week-end and the next week again I will not
>> have good connectivity.
>
> I would do that, but my French is a bit poor so that I fear I won't be
> able to communicate this in the right tone. Didier are you up for this?

I tend to agree with Luca here: I don't think it's appropriate to
discuss discounts with Mr. Pianaro now; while he has been delaying his
year scheduling for us and can't even be certain that we will come.

>> I had the chance to talk to some guys organizing the RMLL in Genève this
>> July and they told me that they have planned to have meals at around 8.-
>> CHF each in Geneva: this is done hiring people that they know, which is
>> something we could consider.  This obviously means extra work for us,
>> which should be taken into account.
>
> OK, that's the same thing Michael Germini talked about, right? I guess
> this would add up to about 24.- CHF for the whole day. I added this
> price to the wiki.

In my experience, cooking for 300 persons implies a cooking team of
10-15 skilled persons, plus having a big car (or two) available. (It
would be almost a full-time job for those volunteers). I doubt we could
do without hiring at least 2-3 professionals. 3 persons at ~150CHF a day
(which is _cheap_ for that work) is 14*3*150 = 6300 CHF.

>>> Beside these two points we should also work on answer to all the points
>>> on the Priority List[1]. In addition to the priority list we have to
>>> prepare:
>>>
>>> * A description of the weak points in their own bids.

That's IMHO:

	<http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Switzerland/Bid#Possible_problems_and_how_we_intend_to_solve_them>

(To be filled)

>>> * A description of the strong points in other bids.

And I apppended a "Strong points in other bids to our bid page:

	<http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Switzerland/Bid#Latvia>

Cheers,

OdyX