Re: AGM 2012 23/02/2012 - agenda and invitation

Hi there!

On Mon, 06 Feb 2012 09:43:03 +0100, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Feb 2012 01:39:39 +0100, Luca Capello <luca@pca.it> wrote:
>> > * Reports from the board:
>> >  - report from the president
>>
>> What does that mean?  What kind of report?  I am asking because this
>> will probably be the first time I do such a thing, so I am a bit lost.
>
> It's just a standard item on the agenda of most swiss associations that
> the board members report about the acitivies and noteworthy events in
> their area. It does not have to be a written report.

Thank you for the explanation.

>> > * Members:
>> >   - new members in 2011: Salvatore Bonaccorso and Philipp Hug, as
>> >     both are DDs no voting is required.
>> >   - proposed new member: George Danchev
>>
>> He is a DD as well, so no voting required.
>
> As he is currently not a permanent resident in Switzerland but intends
> to move here, formally voting is required.

Not that I do not want George to be a debian.ch member, but do not the
bylaws say that any member *must* live in Switzerland when she/he
demands to be part of debian.ch?

>> > * Merchandise:
>> >   - production in 2011
>> >       + Swiss Army knifes
>>
>> A short notice: I have sent all the knives that were paid and emailed
>> those people who have not yet.  So most of the knives have gone ;-)
>
> So where is my knive? ;-) (I guess I'll get mine at the AGM ...)

Your knife is kept secretly to avoid me selling it, the problem is that
I do not remember where I put it, so I am not sure you will get it at
the AGM ;-)  Just kidding, do not worry.

>> >       + T-Shirts ?
>> >   - status of the stock
>> >   - new productions?
>>
>> Please note that for everything merchandising-related there is also a
>> wider discussion as I am also part of the Debian Events team.
>
> I think we should limit the discussions during the formal part of the
> AGM to merchandise that directly involves debian.ch in one way or the
> other.

The discussion involves debian.ch, because unfortunately I am in a
double position here.  To make the story short, if we want to make any
money out of the merchandise, we should outsource the production.  This
is where the Debian Events team joins the game: it knows who produces
merchandise.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca