Re: [Debconf13-ch] DebConf13: first Zurich document

Hi all.

In attachment some information I received from the Zurich Convention
Center.

For a better quote, they would like to know the precise dates. Are there
some volunteer to ask ETH (and UNI) if we could use they rooms for the
venue (and the conditions), and what is the best date? [The cheaper
option for rooms is mid July to beginning August].

Their offer is way to expensive imho.

For FrOSCamp we have made a deal with the Hotel Allegra which is quite nice and in the near of the airport:

3x room with 4 beds, CHF 140.-/room/night
4x room with 3 beds, CHF 130.-/room/night
40x room with 2 beds, CHF 120.-/room/night
20x room with 1 bed, CHF 100.-/room/night ...totalling to 67 rooms with a total of 124 beds.

The above prices are per room and not per person.

Additionally, a citytax of CHF 2.50/person/night will be charged.

The above offer includes:

    Free "express" breakfast
    Free mineral water on the room
    Free parking spaces
    Free shuttle bus to/from airport
    Free access to the hotel's own fitness room
    Free access to the town's indoor swimming pool
Free wired internet access in the room (possibly need a hub or switch tho)

All rooms are modern and have a toilet with shower, a safe and are fully accessible for disabled people.

Address

Hotel Allegra
Hamelirainstrasse 3
8302 Kloten
Switzerland

http://www.hotel-allegra.ch/
map.search.ch
maps.google.com

Besides that we could still make use of the so-called Zivilschutzbunker (civil defense shelter / blast-proof bunker) underneath the premises of the ETH Zurich. It's a bit like a sports hall and contains banks with bedsheets as well as sanitary installations. It's not luxury but enough to spend a few hours per night to catch at least some sleep between parties and sessions/hackfests.

For the venue I guess we could use rooms at the ETH, either in CHN or maybe in the ETA building (Salvatore, this is your task ;))

Greets
Marcus